Asthma Community Pharmacy Series
Credit Hours: 10.0 | Fee: $265.00
Asthma is a prevalent health condition with significant public health, quality of life, and economic consequences. With increasing numbers of respiratory delivery devices being used to deliver medication to the lung, pharmacists need to keep current on asthma devices. Pharmacists can help improve patient outcomes by identifying at-risk patients and intervening briefly to ensure proper inhalation technique.
This series demonstrates evidence-based interventions that are sensitive to the constraints of practice in a busy community pharmacy setting. Video demonstrations of devices, visual displays, and a package of placebo devices enhance the learning experience. The learner acquires hands-on experience in inhaler device patient education and counseling techniques. An individual feedback session is included.
This series provides community pharmacists with a toolbox of interventions to assist their patients with asthma. Supporting materials located in the online classroom helphealth professionals to remain current. The Asthma Community Pharmacy Series consists fo the following courses:
- Respiratory Drug Delivery Tools: Effective Use & Safety (KE-CN#RSP001)
- Inhaler Device Counseling Technique (KE-CN#RSP002)
- Essentials of Rx for Asthma (KE-CN#RSP003)
- Kathleen Pincus, PharmD, BCPS, Assistant Professor, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- Mona Tsoukleris, PharmD, MS, Associate Professor, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy